Monday, June 9, 2008

A visit to the house!!!

Oh how I wish I had my camera! Yesterday we took a trip to the new house. The current owners promised to have us over so that we could help open the pool and learn how to care for it. It's the first time I have seen the back yard since when we were last there it was covered with snow. It's going to be a great space. The pool is nice. 3 ft in the shallow end and 8 in the deep. Just deep enough for us but nice and shallow for the kiddies! Even Jenna can stand in it! There are 2 sheds which will eventually be replaced with one newer one. Some horseshoe pits which I think will be going and maybe (hopefully) a swing set will take that place. There is a great cement patio and just enough garden for me to handle. I think with a little work we can make that into one heck of a great backyard! We also got to take another look inside to see everything. We had forgotten so much! The current owners are leaving all their old paint in case we want to just touch up which I thought was nice. He showed me how to use the fireplace and showed me some of the ins and outs of the house. They have been very accomodating and we feel fortunate to have them as the previous owners. The tricky part yesterday was keeping the kids out of the pool! We didn't have bathing suits or anything but that didn't stop the kids from wanting to get in there and swim their little hearts out! They are going to love it when we finally get in there! So we get one more visit which will be great. There are things about the house that we will want to change once we get in there. It's a house with 5 teenagers living in it so some things look just a little beat up. I think a fresh coat of paint is all it needs for the most part. We're going to change the carpet in the upstairs kids rooms as well. At any rate I know we will make it a beautiful home. We are certainly up for the challenge! Less than 3 weeks to go! Yeah!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting!