
Today we went to see the kids new school. We were greeted by the principal, Diane Page and Sandy Scott, the LRT. The school is older and in need of a paint job (which it will get this summer) but it looks like a nice school. They did a huge play this year that involved a ton of kids from grades 1 to 8. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The set designs were fabulous and the pictures of the event were great. I hope that they do something similar next year and we can see about getting the kids into that. We saw which classrooms would most likely be theirs and where the library and french rooms are. There is a big art room as well with a kiln. The computer lab is nice and big and the gym is too. The teachers were very nice and all said hi to us when we would stop in. Poor Jenna was scared at first but after a while she warmed up and got interested in where things were. We got to see the playground which has some great equipment on it (our current school has little to nothing). Most importantly we found out where the bathrooms are! haha
I think it will be a nice school for them. Everyone seems very friendly and I am sure they will like it there. We are coming back in August for another tour just to familiarize them after their brains turn to mush for the summer. I am hoping I can find some time to volunteer in the classroom like I did at the old school. I love working with the kids and miss being in there all the time. So we all left with a good feeling and we are all excited about what next year holds for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment