Sunday, June 8, 2008

My last Sunday in primary

I feel like Wendy in Peter Pan being told this is her last night in the nursery. This is my last day in primary of the Hamilton 2nd ward. It's a mixed feeling I have. I have loved all the kids I have taught over the years in my various stints in primary, but I relish the idea of starting new. I have not been in Relief Society for years at this point. I would actually love to have some time to just be taught instead of doing the teaching. I am nervous to see what the new ward will be like but I am comforted to know that I at least know a few people down there. Not to mention that this isn't exactly our first rodeo. We have moved wards many a time before. But I will sincerely miss everyone here. The Hamilton 2nd ward has become family to me. I have a great love for everyone. The young women in particular hold a special place in my heart. I spent 3 years being their counselor. Some of the best years of my life I must say. The youth have this amazing spirit. That zest for life. I really think they helped keep me young! But today as I say goodbye to my primary kids I know that I will be very sad to not have the opportunity to teach them again. I hope to keep my fingers crossed that I at least get to see everyone once in a while. Assuming I get some "calling free" time in Stoney Creek I hope to come back and visit every once in a while. At any rate it's a new adventure we're heading on and I can't wait to see what the future brings!

No comments: