Thursday, June 12, 2008

Jenna's Ramblings


As Jenna gets older she gets better and better at her reading. I hope she becomes as accomplished as her brother who reads about 4 grade levels above where he is now. In the meantime when we are out she loves to read signs and boxes in stores and what not. So on Saturday we are in a little home decor store in Dundas. In the store there are these cards for sale. Jenna starts reading them and all of the sudden I hear out of my daughters mouth "Die B*&^h Die!" Of course I turn my head around so fast I nearly get whiplash and I see my daughters puzzled face. "Mommy what does that mean?" she asks. I tell her calmly (so impressed that I didn't freak) that it is a swear word and isn't nice to use and we shouldn't say it. Her face said it all. She was so embarrassed that she said such a bad word. She apologized and that was that.

Later that night I am on the computer and she points to something on the screen, using the wrong finger if you know what I mean. I tell her that we use our other finger to point and that the middle finger isn't nice to use. She asks me what that finger means. I tell her it's a swear word too. Her face starts to cringe and she says; "Boy I've been swearing a lot today haven't I?" I answered her back calmly but was laughing so hard on the inside. It's at least nice to know that my daughter isn't familiar with these words yet and the thought of using them makes her sad. So while my daughter learned a valuable lesson, I got one heck of a good laugh (albeit an internal one).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww, that's good :)