Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This one is Jan 08!

Well, I know I am not keeping up with this thing too well, so I apologize to one and all for not being a dedicated blogger.

Things around the LaFrance house have been super busy. My job is going well, i worked a lot of crazy hours in the weeks leading up to Christmas, but now things have calmed down and we are back to normal. My hours have been severely cut back as a result though and now I am contemplating finding another job. We will see when we get back in February from..........Walt Disney World!!! Yup that's right folks! We are going to Florida and will be gone for 2 whole weeks! I am sooo excited! The kids are going nuts thinking about it! Can't wait to go!

Christmas was wonderful this year. We are so blessed to have the family we do. Christmas is always so special for us. The kids were spoiled as usual. And they were so good too.


Kids with Santa


On the plus side as well, Ethan was accepted for the disability tax credit for his aspergers so that will help us out a little financially for the next several years come tax time. He also has been getting the psychometric testing that we have been waiting for. It seems like it took forever for this day to come but in the end I am just happy it happened at all. The ball is really starting to roll for him and hopefully we can get the right interventions and therapies to help him live as normal a life as possible.

We are also looking at houses. We've been renting all these years and now are getting into a position where buying a house seems like a reasonable option. In the next year or so we expect to buy. This is also why I am looking for a job that has more hours. The more I can contribute the sooner we can buy and it will help ease Shawn's financial burden. We have a couple we plan to look at this week, assuming that they weren't sold before we call the real estate agent. Still I think it will be closer to next year before we actually take the plunge. When that happens then I will have finally fulfilled one of my greatest dreams. Having lived in rentals most of my life the thought of FINALLY owning my own home.....it's more than I could ever imagine!

We did have one little incident this winter. Ethan and Jenna decided to play hairdresser one day and as a result, Ethan has a buzz cut and Jenna a very short layered bob with a deep side part to cover her bald spot. That's right, Ethan cut her hair off all the way to her scalp. While I sobbed initially at the thought of my beautiful baby girls hair being ruined, I have come to laugh at the incident now and appreciate tales from other moms who's kids did the same thing.

Emergency trip to the hair dressers. You can see some of the damage

The bald spot courtesy of Ethan

I'm sorry mom...now I look like a dork!

No comments: