Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This is from October 2007

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Lets see....what has been happening in our little corner of the world? A whole heck of a lot of stuff is what! LOL

To start with we had a great summer. We took a week and went to Manitoulin Island with our friends, the Korvers. We had a nice relaxing vacation and the kids loved it. Every day at the beach, just being able to chill and take a well deserved break. The people up there are fantastic; so nice! We went to the Haweater festival, watched the boat parade and a great fireworks presentation and we also went the the Wiki Pow Wow which was a neat experience.

The Wiki Pow Wow
Us in front of a tee pee

We were also very busy this whole summer with wedding plans for Brian and Becca. They decided to fast track the engagement and get married on September 22nd! So there was a lot to do and very little time to do it in! I was a bridesmaid and Shawn was best man. Jenna and Ethan were the flowergirl and ringbearer respectively. The wedding went off fabulously! It was a wonderful day. Perfect weather and everything. The ceremony started at 12 at the Cheyne Presbyterian Church in Stoney Creek and the reception was at Liuna Gardens in Vineland. The kids did a fabulous job. Ethan was so serious!!! They both looked so adorable. The bridal party wore burgundy. I had a fantastic dress with matching wrap. Becca's dress was made for her by her Aunt Donna. She looked stunning. Such a beautiful bride. The ceremony was touching...very nice indeed. The reception was a lot of fun...Shawn MC'ed that on top of his best man duties. The whole day was just beyond great. We are so thrilled to have another girl in the family! Becca is wonderful and we love her to pieces!

Jenna the Flower Girl

Mr and Mrs Brian LaFrance

Shawn and I

Indy Ethan the ringbearer


School is going fairly well so far for the kids. Jenna and Ethan both really like their teachers. Ethan is getting a little bit of EA support which is great..I think that will help him tremendously. We are still awaiting the psychometric testing, but we are hoping to have that going soon.

So now that the wedding is over and the kids are both in school full time...what's a girl like me to do with her time? She gets a job! That's right! Rachel has rejoined the world of the gainfully employed! I am working for CPI Corp which is the Wal-Mart photo studio. It also has a fun factory attached to it which is very similar to a build a bear (only less expensive). I really like it there so far. I work with some great people and they are willing to work it so that I can still be around to get the kids off to school and pick them up. I am very fortunate. It also means that with me working we would need a second vehicle so I got myself a 2003 Chevy Venture! It drives great and I love having it. It will definately improve the quality of life we have!

Anyway, that's about it for now. I will try to update this more often. Keep in touch in the meantime!

No comments: