I love reading. I am a huge fan of books and that love has passed itself down to my children. my son takes to books like fish to water. His nose is in a book nearly ever waking moment. That of course means books stores have come to love us. But myself I find in a bit of a lull lately. I call it my Harry Potter post traumatic stress disorder. I fell in love with the series about a teen wizard and his fight against evil. I could read those stories over and over again. But now the series is done and I am left wondering where do I go now. I have read several good books in the meantime, but I miss having that series of books to fall in love with. I have often thought about joining a book club, but that just hasn't presented itself to me as of yet. If anyone who reads this blog has any book suggestions I would love to hear them. Word of mouth is as good as a new your times review in my book. So off I go to find my next great adventure! In the meantime here are a few of my favourite potter-isms and jokes.
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
Hey Rachel, I followed the link from facebook, I always like a good blog, and I have a few great books/series that you might enjoy!
First off try Stephen Kings series The Dark Tower , first book called The Gunslinger. It is a bit darker then the Harry Potter books, but its not some horror story, its more dark fantasy/magic realism, but its one of my ultimate faves!!
Next I would suggest a series by the writer Piers Anthony. My two favorite series by him are #1 The Incarnations of Immortality series, first book in it is called: On A Pale Horse, and #2 the Xanth series, first book called: A Spell for Chameleon. Both series are by Piers Anthony.
Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think. I'll keep an eye on your blog too if ya don't mind :)
1 comment:
Hey Rachel,
I followed the link from facebook, I always like a good blog, and I have a few great books/series that you might enjoy!
First off try Stephen Kings series The Dark Tower , first book called The Gunslinger. It is a bit darker then the Harry Potter books, but its not some horror story, its more dark fantasy/magic realism, but its one of my ultimate faves!!
Next I would suggest a series by the writer Piers Anthony. My two favorite series by him are #1 The Incarnations of Immortality series, first book in it is called: On A Pale Horse, and #2 the Xanth series, first book called: A Spell for Chameleon. Both series are by Piers Anthony.
Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think. I'll keep an eye on your blog too if ya don't mind :)
Trudy
Post a Comment