Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wow...........I really suck! LOL

Ok so to most it appears that I have totally abandoned my blog. It's not so. I just haven't has a clue as to what to write about. Call it bloggers block.

So I decided a recap was called for. So out comes the dayplanner as I try to remember 6 months worth of life in the LaFrance household!

So in January Shawn and I went away to Niagara Falls for a couple of days. it used to be a tradition of sorts for us but alas has gone by the wayside with things like life getting in the way. We stayed right on Clifton Hill and were right in the middle of the action. We ate at Ruby Tuesdays. I had an AMAZING steak....truly yummy! We went to some of the ultra cheesy attractions that Niagara has to offer and then went to see the light display by the falls. The falls are always a tricky thing for me. I think they are as beautiful as it can get and I am in awe of the beauty and the power of them. But I am also terribly afraid of heights and shrink away from them whenever I get in their vicinity. I have panic attacks when I bring the kids to them. I am always afraid one of them is going to fall over. It's enough to give a girl nightmares! That being said, it was a wonderful mini getaway albeit a little short. Nice to have some couple time!

You saw the post on Jenna's baptism...still wonderful to think about. At the end of the month we went and visited our friends Chris and Heather to celebrate the fact that their daughter Chloe's adoption had gone through and that she was officially theirs. It was a wonderful day, full of lots of friends and it was nice to see that they were in fact and official family of 4!

Lets see...February......Not much happened there. The Korvers and us went to Buffalo for a weekend. That was a lot of fun. We learned that sleeping in 1 hotel room isn't always good for sleep but certainly good for laughs. We went to the military road outlet mall and Walden Galleria. Eating at the Cheesecake Factory has to be a highlight of the trip. Great food!! On the way back to Canada we stopped at Fort Niagara and learned what the Americans think of the war. We all know who really won! LOL Other than that not a whole lot to write about!

March....Shawn got us tickets to see Movin' Out. It was great, but we were a little confused. We assumed it was a muscial. What it actually is, is interpretive dance telling a story based on the songs of Billy Joel. While we thoroughly enjoyed it.... I think a play would have been more my cup of tea.
One of my former Young Women, who is currently in college used our house as a fim location fora school project. It's amazing how much work goes into a project like that! I got to be the makeup person and watch the process. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed having Jess and her cast in our home. That being said...I still have to see the final product.....Need to get Jess to send me a copy! I wonder what my home looks like on film???
Shawn decided to be a girl and shop on a whim. We needed a new bed frame and Shawn wanted to get a new head board. So off to the store we go. However when we get there he lies down on a mattress for all of 2 minutes and declares he is buying it! I was flabbergasted but not going to shoot a gift horse in the mouth. So we buy the bed. It is truly a great mattress and box spring and I am grateful for Shawns spur of the moment decision.
I was super excited to go to a party at my friend Emilia's house. It was Twilight themed to coinside with the release of the DVD. A lot of our friends are super huge Twilight fans and it was a fun night full of twilight treats and trivia and what not. Thanks Emilia!!!!
Our dear friends Marni and Dave celebrated their daughter Marie's first birthday. It was a nice day and it was wonderful to share in their joy.


April....ugh April. Spring is here which means WORK! The old ugly shed was demolished to make way for the new one (post to follow) and we did some spring cleaning. I also turned 33 in April. Can't believe how fast time flies! Easter was good. Lots of food which we all know I love! We also started pricing some future reno's like our kitchen...which I hope happens sooner rather than later.

May we went to the neighborhood fair and fireworks. It's nice to live in an area where you can walk to things like that. We went on a ton of rides and ate funnel cake. I love the fair. And who ever they got to run it this year...much much better than some companies. All well dressed and about 98% of them still have their teeth! LOL They were really good to the kids too which is HUGE! You treat my kids well and you're good in my books. The fair is a 30 year tradition....word is they are going to cancel it....I hope that doesn't happen and this becomes something we do with them every year.
In May we got a lot of our reno done. I will make a seperate post on that....but we worked hard and so far it's paying off. I am really starting to love our backyard.

June was a busy month. Kids had 2 school trips each. The pool was hooked back up. My sister and my mom moved so that was a lot of work. School was on until the end of the month but I took my summer break a little early so I could have a little me time. Our friends Rob and Victoria left at the end of May to go to Florida with their kids. Owen, their oldest got a Starlight wish. He went to Disney for Star Wars weekend and got to fight Vadar. Vadar even gave him a signed lightsaber! I was trying to read a lot of books too. I started going to a bookclub and am really enjoying not only the social outing but getting a chance to read some really great books!
We celebrated our 12th anniversary this month. We went to this tiny little italian place for a nice dinner and then went to the movies to see Angels and Demons. It was a fun night!

And now we are into July. I am trying to survive life as a stay at home mom again. Not too much going on. Loving living near the library....that will come in handy this summer! lol Went to visit my sister Sarah for the day. That was nice. Her new apartment is looking really nice. We reapplied for our passports and I hope they come soon. We have plans to go to New York state and go camping at Darien Lake at the end of the month. I am hoping we can make a side trip to Palmyra but that remains to be seen.

Anyway, I realize this post may not be up to par.....but at least I am now somewhat caught up. If you are still reading this I thank you and think you are possibly a little nuts to keep hoping I will write something! LOL I promise to get back on track. Thanks for reading. New post coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Welcome back Rachel!

I am completely with you on the Niagara Falls sentiments. My father in law once stood Hayden up on the wall and I was freaking out! He thought I was a nut, but it was my kid and my mommy alarm was going off and I was not happy!