Monday, January 26, 2009

8 is Great!



Our youngest daughter Jenna, was baptized on Sunday the 18th of this month. It was a wonderful day. All of our family was able to attend. I am sure it's a little odd for those family members who aren't LDS but it was a wonderful experience all the same. The dress we intended to use for the baptism was the one she wore for the wedding last year but her legs had other plans. Alas she had grown too big for it! So fortunately our friend Tracey Cerisano stepped in and let us use her daughter Lauren's dress. It was almost too big...coming right to the floor. But since longer is always better with a baptismal dress we went with it.

We asked Rob and Victoria Korver, 2 of oiur best friends to speak at the baptism as well as Marni and Dave Korver to offer the prayers. Melissa Hobbs played piano and Gina Neilson led the music. Jenna requested "Teach me to Walk in the Light" and "I am a Child of God" to be sung. Quite fittingly those were the songs Ethan requested for his baptism.

Shawn and Jenna were dressed in their whites and both looked like angels to me. Shawn led her down the steps into the font and her Daddy baptized her. I will never be more grateful for anything in my life than the fact that I have Shawn, a worthy priesthood holder as my husband. I was so proud of them both that day. The funny part was though that even though that dress was super long it kept floating up! It took 3 times for it to work! I keep telling her that she is super clean now!




After she had been baptized I had to take the poor shivering little thing into the washroom and get her changed. It was freezing in there which expedited our mission. She put on her normal dress and then after the talk by Rob, Jenna was given the gift of the Holy Ghost by Shawn. In the circle with him were Rob Korver, Dave Gravis and our Bishop, Tom Ayers. After the ceremony we all went back to our place for a little party. It was nice to have family and friends in our home to share in our joy. Nothing in this world could have made this a better day. We are now a family of 4, all members of the Church of Jesus Christ of LatterDay Saints. What a blessing that is!


4 comments:

terahreu said...

Congrats to Jenna! She looks beautiful and it looks like it was a beautiful day!

Summer said...

Your words gave me goosebumps as I read them. You are a justifiably proud mommy!

I really wish that the weather had cooperated and we could have come.

You all look radiant in the pictures.

Rachel said...

Wish you could have been there too. All part in parcel with these January babies! Their birthdays are always an interesting thing to pull off weather wise. You have no idea how many times we have had to postpone her parties due to the weather! I am thinking sometime this month or next we will come visit you in London. Are Saturdays generally good now with James new job?

Anonymous said...

In my dream world James doesn't work on Saturdays...

But usually Saturdays are okay for us. You could come and see us during March Break.

Come on, post something else!