Friday, September 26, 2008

September thus far!

What a wild and crazy month we've been having so far! With me back at work we are slowly progressing to a new "normal" around here. I'm starting to get used to my job but would still love something that is more "me". Food service is not where it's at! LOL

The kids are adjusting well to school. Ethan's teacher Mrs Kuttenkueler or "Mrs K." for those who have issues pronunciation- is a FANTASTIC teacher. She is working well with him. She even spent her Saturday watching the shows that Ethan talks about so that when he starts going into his little worlds she can better reach him. Amazing attention to detail! He has even made a friend named Trent which is a HUGE deal in Ethan land. It's hard to play in his world because it's so hard to understand. I'm his mother and I don't get it half the time! We're hoping come soon there will be play dates with Trent and that this is only the beginning of a great friendship to span the years at Mt Albion.

Jenna has been doing well. Her teacher Ms. Harwood is pregnant and leaving soon (this is teacher #8 in her school history). And due to a huge influx of new students Jenna is now being switched to a new grade 2 class with a whole new teacher. I am hoping the work will stimulate her more. Right now she's bored and never gets any homework. I think she would actually like some homework. I really sense a desire in her to learn.

Shawn is still successful at his job. He keeps making his company lots of money which keeps them very happy. LOL He is doing a wonderful job as the gospel doctrine teacher. I am amazed at his capacity to teach and speak in a public forum like that. I have absolutely no desire to do so myself. I think I would faint before I got up there! I am very proud of him and the hard work that he does. So grateful to be his wife.

My dear friend Marni turned 40 this month and we celebrated her birthday with a huge dance at a local hall. Lots of people turned up. Friends DJ'ed and we partied like it was 1999! LOL The theme was hawaiian and it was great to see those who did dress for the occassion. She's an awesome person and deserved to have an awesome night. I hope she liked it!

Still no more progress made on the house....we're terrible! We were all into it for a while and now we just can't do it anymore. I'm still hoping we will find our way back to it soon. Lots to do! Keeping my fingers crossed. Anyway, thanks to all those who still read. Sorry my entries have been sporatic at best. Wishing you all a wonderful fall!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Hurray for Shawn! I would rather teach Gospel Doctrine than anything else.

Prepare lesson. Check! Teach lesson. Check! All done for the week.