Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to work blues

So now that the summer holiday is nearing it's end it's time once again for me to find a job. It's very difficult because of what I want and need from a job makes it nearly impossible to find. The kids are in school from 8:40 until 3:00 so I need to find a job that will only book me within those hours because there is no one to watch my kids. I have no family or friends nearby and with what I would make at said job would not cover the cost of daycare. So that being said I stand a good chance of also needing PA days off because of the kids, and holidays that aren't closed. I know....good luck Rachel! My job last year at the portrait studio was great as far as allowing me that opportunity but I am not going back there. I am not looking for full time work or something that keeps me super busy but with the kids not home all the time it's nice to have something to keep you a little busy. Plus now with the house we could use any extra income that we can get. Even if all it does is help pay for Christmas and incidentals. So while I haven't officially begun my search yet I hope and pray that something comes my way that lets me be the mom I want to be yet also lets me help contribute a little bit financially. Wish me luck! I have a feeling I am going to need it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the job search. Happy vibes your way.

Anonymous said...

What about applying to a bank? Trina just got a job where she is only going to be working 10-15 hours a week as a teller.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel,

I am having the same problem. The farm where I have been working all summer, while Aidan was in Ontario with my parents, definitly does not pay me enough to get day care now that he is home again. Being a mom is a tricky thing indeed. My mother worked my whole childhood, so I got to see her very little, and even though her job kept us clothed and fed and warm, she has always regretted not being there for us while we were growing.

What about doing day care? You can do it right at home, and as you and I know, lots of people need it. Either way, good luck hun, let me know what you find :)