Friday, December 13, 2013

Can We Really Call It A Blog Anymore?

So it's official....it appears that I suck at blogging.  I digress.

I figured it was time for another update seeing as it has been two years since the last post and the one before that was two years previous.  It appears I am overdue.

So on the last episode of the LaFrance Connection I was starting the big wide world of college.  I am proud and pleased to announce that I graduated!  Not only graduated, but did so with high honours; with a grade average of over 95%!  It was a lot of hard work, and it took a toll on family and my life outside school, but in the end I finally managed to do something I didn't think I was capable of.  I am humbled, grateful, and thankful that I am done.

Now the key to post-grad life is finding a position within your field.  I have been fortunate to do just that.  I currently hold two positions.  The first one I obtained is with a local hospital where I work in the post renal transplant program.  I love it there, but sadly don't get a lot of hours anymore.  My more recent, but more time consuming job is with a local cardiologist.  He is a very good doctor, and very busy.  I have been there only about a month or so, so we will see how that works out.  I will let you know in another two years likely.

Shawn is still with the paper.  He is doing quite well.  No more volleyball, he kept breaking his fingers.  Dude is hardcore!  He finally traded in the red beast and got himself a fancy brand new car.  He's still giddy.  I, myself, am still driving the van which is now 10yrs old and still kicking.

Ethan is in grade 10 and thriving!  His marks are amazing, and he has a really good friend named Nick.  He is so much happier in highschool.  He recently discovered Doctor Who, so that is our new bonding activity.  Total cheese, but I will take any opportunity to bond with him seeing as before you know it he will be all grown up.

Jenna is in grade 7, boy crazy and a little diva.  She overflows with energy, spunk, attitude, and life.  She is the quintessential teenage girl.  I love watching her grow.  Right now she is into this band called One Direction.  She shares my affinity for boys with accents I guess.

Things with extended family have been both good and bad.  I have one sister married now, and the other engaged.  But a brother on Shawns side has had a rough go.  Makes you grateful for what you have...that I can tell you.

Haven't done much vacationing....but we did go back to Florida in 2012 for a week.  We went to Universal Studios and Seaworld.  And we went camping in Ottawa and saw all the sites there. We were hoping to take a trip this winter but at this point its highly unlikely.  We ended up replacing the furnace and a/c last spring and the pool needs fixing this spring so likely we will end up doing that instead.

Thats about us in a nutshell right now.  Christmas is upon us so we are busy little elves, getting all our stockings in a row for the big show.  I have been baking up a frenzy, the house is decorated, most everything is bought....im actually not running around last second like I normally do....of course I may have now jinxed myself.  Well, at any rate...I think I have said all my little brain can say right now.  Maybe I will see you again in another couple of years....maybe sooner?

No comments: